11.05.2007

Dark Days

November is the darkest month of the year. I was talking to Lissa today about the panicked feeling I get when I look out the window at 4 and see the sun setting. I think, "wait, I'm not ready! I just started this day!"
So what are some good activities to do during the month in which we are above the arctic circle? Here are ten things I suggest:
1. sleep (always a favorite of mine)
2. spend all possible daylight hours outside - but seeing how cold it is...
3. purchase a full-spectrum lamp and sit under it for an hour or two - sounds bogus, but worth a shot
4. turn on all the lights in the house and jack up the heat. walk around in your bathingsuit and sunglasses.
5. grow fur and remain motionless on the couch for the entire month.
6. put on all black and prance around silently in the dark. Sometimes whisper "children of the night" or gibber like a bat.
7. go about blindfolded. you can't miss the light when you can't see it at all right? right?
8. set fire to your neighbors house. The light from the inferno will make your home cheery.
9. claim you have mono and then slip out of the country and down to mexico. Mexicans never have seasonal affective...when you get back with a tan, claim you have jaundice.
10. and last but not least, complain! Gosh! I love to complain! It really takes the sting out of your situation...and puts it on someone else!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

so good. i am so sad it's 539 and PITCH BLACK what the hell man.